Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Defining the Relationship

with myself. 

My feelings were hurt and I was being bullied. It was no ones fault but my own. I littered my mind with negativity regarding myself. I got fed up and called myself out. It was time to have a serious talk.

“So, where is this relationship going?” 
I think it’s an important question and one I should have asked myself long ago.
In fact, I don’t think I ask myself important questions nearly enough, if ever. 
After a long talk (all in my head, with a few words sputtered under my breath) I decided to make a commitment to myself. I was going to love me
Falling in love with oneself sounds absolutely selfish but I think it’s incredibly important. 
Why would you expect anyone else to love you when you can’t even love yourself?

Everyone yearns to be loved. We feel like we have the right to be loved and I think we do. We have the right to be loved by ourselves. I’m learning, and this relationship is still growing, but I think we have a chance. 

I love myself the way I envision being loved (One of the perks of loving yourself, you know exactly what you want and need). I notice the little things.
I love my quirks. 
The way I find interests and turn them into obsessions. 
How I find a new phrase I like and say it every other sentence.
How I squint my eyes when i’m thinking. 
That I bite my nails when i’m nervous (or all the time for that matter).
and so much more.

I love my body.
I look in the mirror and I don’t see flaws. 
I look in the mirror and I see beauty. 
I look in the mirror and I see someone I love

I want to be loved for the things that make me unique, special and unlike anyone else. All of them. 
The way I overreact and overanalyze.
The way I get mad before hearing all sides - or even the end - of the story.
The way I get angry on an empty stomach.
My stubbornness.
My irrationality
My feistiness.

I celebrate my uniqueness. 

This is a lifelong love, I can feel it. It is a love that will be full of encouragement, confidence and trust. I want to grow old with myself. 


Want to go on a double-date with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment